MBAM runs DOSH-recognised courses for safety supervisors


MIRI: Master Builders Association Malaysia (MBAM) is running courses for site safety supervisors (SSS) as a measure to address the shortage of these personnel in the construction industry throughout the country.

According to its president Kwan Foh Kwai, the courses were endorsed and recognised by the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH).

“This is a good one for it will assist our contractors to fulfil the legal requirement for safety and health supervisors which is being enforced starting Jan 1 this year,” he told The Borneo Post recently.

Under the Factories and Machinery (Building Operations and Works of Engineering Construction) Safety Regulations 1986, main contractors doing building and engineering projects are required to employ competent SSS to conduct safety supervision within the site.

On the other hand, sub-contractors must employ competent contractors’ safety supervisors at workplaces to keep each project safe, yet cost-effective and efficient.

According to Kwan, to date they had produced 320 graduates, including 21 from Kuching.
“We anticipate there will be a growing number of graduates as we will continue to promote the programme throughout the year,” he said.

On the qualifications needed, he said an applicant must have attended at least LCE/SRP/PMR or equivalent and a minimum of two years of site working experience and certification by an employer besides going through an entrance test or interview.

Alternatively, those without any site working experience but having a diploma in any engineering related field could also be considered, he said.

“We hope this will help in the reduction of accidents, injuries and fatalities at the construction sites in Miri,” he said.

A certificate of attendance will be given to each successful candidate upon completion of the course.
Representing the association, Kwan thanked the Sarawak Building and Civil Engineering Contractors Association (SBCECA), Miri division for the assistance to organise the course for its members.

In addition to that, MBAM would also award Certificate of Competency to those who excelled in the Competency Examination.

The candidates would also be recognised and accepted for registration with DOSH as competent SSS and the successful ones would receive a Yellow Book issued by DOSH.

Meanwhile, 22 people mainly comprising site supervisors from the various local companies here completed the SSS course on Sunday.

The event, organised by MBAM, was held at the KLIA Training and Research Centre Sdn Bhd at Saberkas Commercial Centre.

An expert from KLIA Professional and Management College, engineer Amir Yahya, was the trainer and speaker.

Those interested may visit MBAM’s official website: www.mbam.org.my.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

Unknown said…
I am ROSE SMITH from CANADA a single parent, before my husband died he left us with so much DEBT that we could not cope with life, I was totally confused on what to do. When I was going through the internet I came across a POST by MARCUS CAFE about how Mrs JULIA NAVARO help him to get a loan so I applied for the loan from JULIA NAVARO through her mail (navaroloancompany@yahoo.com) of $200,000 with a duration of 10 years. When I was applying for the loan I made a vow to GOD that if I get the loan I will let the world know what she did for me, to my greatest surprise my loan was granted with
an interest of 2%. I was able to settle my debt and start up a new life and business with a settled family. So if you want any type of loan for as low as 2% please contact JULIA NAVARO on her mail navaroloancompany@yahoo.com.I just fulfilled my vow.
Unknown said…
Hello everyone am here to testify how i got my loan from Mr Akisu. after i applied several times from various loan lenders who claimed to also testify right in this forum,i thought the testimonies where real and i applied but they never gave me loan. I was in need of an urgent loan to start a business and i applied from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan.Until a friend of mine introduce me to Mr Akisu. who promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met Mr.Akisu,who are indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief.I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan,free feel to contact Mr.Akisu via his email{Akisuloancompany@gmail.com} Thank you may God bless you
Unknown said…
Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Anita. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Anita, that refer you to him. contact Mr.Robert,via email:(robertfinancial_loancompany@yahoo.com)Thank you
rose said…
DIRECT SERVICE ONLINE FIRM
HEAD OFFICE---Richmond Road,Worthing, United Kingdom
EMAIL--[directserviceonlinefirm@gmail.com]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We give out loans from the range of $1,000 to $90,000,000.at an interest
of 2% Interest rate.

Interested clients should please fill our form below-

NAME--------------
COUNTRY-----------
ADDRESS--------------
AMOUNT OF LOAN NEEDED-------
PURPOSE OF LOAN ------------
SCAN AND ATTACH YOUR IDENTITY CARD--
OFFICE/HOME PHONE NUMBER-----------
GENDER---------------------------

Our company mailing contact box is
via- [directserviceonlinefirm@gmail.com]

ROSE WILLIAMS
EMAIL--[directserviceonlinefirm@gmail.com]
DIRECT SERVICE ONLINE FIRM